Canvas supports the current and first previous major releases of the following browsers:
- Chrome 75 and 76 [Preferred Browser]
- Firefox 67 and 68 [Preferred Browser] (Extended Releases are not supported*)
- Respondus Lockdown Browser (supporting the latest system requirements)
- Safari 11 and 12 (Macintosh only)
- Edge 44 (Windows only) [Not - Preferred]
You should always use the most current version of your preferred browser. Your browser will notify you if there is a new version available.
Troubles: Sometime you just need to clear your cache and cookies.
Images will not appear in the course.
There is an issue with Safari. It might be occurring because you have "prevent cross-site tracking" enabled for Safari. You can try to disable this setting for your Safari application. The other work around for this would be use another browser.
Canvas is committed to W3C's Web Accessibility Initiative. To learn about supported screen reader and browser combinations, please see the Accessibility within Canvas document.
Canvas on Mobile Devices
The Canvas interface was optimized for desktop displays, so using small form factors such as phones may not be a pleasant experience in using Canvas. For the best user experience, please download the Canvas mobile applications.
Since Canvas uses small elements of Flash, not all Canvas features may be supported on mobile devices, especially on iOS. However, Canvas offers limited support for native mobile browsers on tablet devices. For additional details, please reference the limited-support mobile browser guidelines.
Visit the Apple Store or the Play store to download mobile browsers. The following major browsers are compatible with mobile devices:
- Safari (default browser with limited Canvas support)
- Photon Flash Player (supports Flash)
- Chrome (default browser with limited Canvas support)*
|For more browser information, please visit the Guides.|