Canvas supports the current and first previous major releases of the following browsers:
- Chrome 90 & 91 [88 - bug fix for missing minus sign in quizzes]
- Firefox 88 & 89 [Preferred Browser] (Extended Releases are not supported*)
- Respondus Lockdown Browser (supporting the latest system requirements)
- Safari 13 & 14 (Macintosh only)
- Edge 90 & 91 (Windows only)
You should always use the most current version of your preferred browser. Your browser will notify you if there is a new version available.
Try First (Troubleshooting)...
- Try a HARD Refresh.
Safari: Command (⌘) + Option (⌥) + R.
Chrome/Firefox: Hold both the ⌘ Cmd and ⇧ Shift keys and press the R key.
- Try in a private/incognito browser window
- Try a different supported browser (make sure the alternate browser is also fully updated, I recommend Chrome or Firefox)
- Make sure your browser is fully up to date
- Check your browser version and settings
- Clear your cache (here is how to do that on a PC and a Mac)
- Try on a different device (if possible)
- Try on a different network (if possible)
Images will not appear in the course.
There is an issue with Safari. It might be occurring because you have "prevent cross-site tracking" enabled for Safari. You can try to disable this setting for your Safari application. The other work around for this would be to use another browser.
Canvas is committed to W3C's Web Accessibility Initiative. To learn about supported screen reader and browser combinations, please see the Accessibility within Canvas document.
Canvas on Mobile Devices
The Canvas interface was optimized for desktop displays, so using small form factors such as phones may not be a pleasant experience in using Canvas. For the best user experience, please download the Canvas mobile applications.
Since Canvas uses small elements of Flash, not all Canvas features may be supported on mobile devices, especially on iOS. However, Canvas offers limited support for native mobile browsers on tablet devices. For additional details, please reference the limited-support mobile browser guidelines.
- Safari (default browser with limited Canvas support)
- Photon Flash Player (supports Flash)
- Chrome (default browser with limited Canvas support)*
|For more browser information, please visit the Guides.|