Flipgrid in Canvas
Is a free video discussion tool that allows for threaded video discussions in your Canvas course.
- Canvas Access Control - Only students in your Canvas course can access your connected Grids.
- Students can still join on mobile but must start within the Canvas app.
- Speedgrader - Add a Flipgrid Topic for your next Canvas Assignment. Student videos automatically show up in Speedgrader.
- Anywhere, Anytime - As long as students click the green + within Canvas, they can record on any computer or on the free Flipgrid iOS + Android apps.
NOTE: Flipgrid plugin does not work in Safari browser. Try Chrome or Firefox.
Enabling Flipgrid in my Canvas Course
Please read the How to integrate Flipgrid tutorial.
NOTE: "The Canvas integration used to default to having Flipgrid in the course sidebar. If students used this to submit videos, it wouldn't show up in Speedgrader. Therefore, we (Flipgrid) have altered the integration to prevent Flipgrid from the Navigation sidebar after completing the integration. This ensures that students are only seeing Flipgrid when accessing Canvas assignments, ensuring the Responses will connect to SpeedGrader."
Make sure you....
- Log into Flipgrid with your Microsoft Login from Cal Poly
- Follow the instructions in the guide above for integrating
- Create an Assignment using the External Tool to Flipgrid
- Only using the Cal Poly Microsoft login
Flipgrid Support Resources
Flipgrid is a video discussion tool that is supported by Flipgrid. Please see the instructions and support below.