Notebook in Canvas
Microsoft Office 365 includes OneNote Notebook. Notebook is a digital notebook tool that automatically saves and syncs your notes as you work.
- Type information in your notebook or insert it from other apps and web pages.
- Take handwritten notes or draw your ideas.
- Use highlighting and tags for easy follow-up.
- Share notebooks to collaborate with others.
- Access your notebooks from any device.
NOTE: Use Chrome. OneNote Notebook does not work in Safari browser and Firefox can be buggy too.
NOTE: if the Desktop App does not work, use the WEB based app instead.
Enabling Notebook in my Canvas Course
OneNote is a digital notebook tool that is supported by Microsoft. Although it is linked to Canvas, it is not a Canvas tool.
- Enable Class Notebook menu.
- Settings, Navigation tab
- Click on Class Notebook and drag up and Save.
- Click on the Class Notebook menu link.
- Login to Cal Poly's Office 365 Account.
- Adding Notebook to Canvas - Video
NOTE: This video is not from Cal Poly so will look different. Cal Poly will "automatically add students from your LMS (although she said it doesn't work at their campus).
Step 4 - Option: Automatically add students from your LMS as they access this notebook (via Canvas). If a students adds the course after you create this NoteBook and cannot access, you may need to manually add them into the NoteBook via Microsoft 365.
OneNote Notebook Support Resources
OneNote is a digital notebook tool that is supported by Microsoft. Although it is linked to Canvas, it is not a Canvas tool. Please see the instructions and support below.