Using Office and Google in Canvas
Cal Poly has Office 365 (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneDrive, Stream, Teams) that you can use within and outside of Canvas.
Many people also use Google. Google is a great free tool that you can also connect to your Canvas course.
If you have enabled Microsoft Office 365, you can view all files in your Microsoft Office 365 (OneDrive) folder in Canvas. The OneDrive folder is accessed from the Course Navigation Menu.
Note: when you share a file from your OneDrive...you are only sharing that ONE file. You are NOT giving students access to ALL your files.
Errors: Your session has expired, please log back in & An unexpected error occurred.
- Make sure you log into Office 365 in Canvas. Click on the Office 365 navigation link (left side) and login with Cal Poly account.
- After you are logged into the Office 365 via the Canvas navigation...THEN click on the Collaborations navigation link and create your Office 365 (word/excel) collaboration.
- IF you still can't create the collaboration. Try creating a "Canvas" folder in your OneDrive so the files will save in there.
- How to login and view your Office 365 files in your Canvas course
- How to hyperlink or embed a Office 365 file on a Page
- How to link an Office 365 file (URL) in the Module
- How to create a cloud assignment with Office 365
- How to create an Office collaboration
The Google Drive web service allows you to integrate Canvas with your Google Drive account. All users can authorize their Google Drive accounts for access to Google collaborations and assignment uploads.
Note: when you share a file from your Google files...you are only sharing that ONE file. You are NOT giving students access to ALL your files.
- How to login and view your Google files in your Canvas course
- How to hyperlink or embed a Google file on a Page
- How to link a Google file (URL) in the Module
- How to create a cloud assignment with Google
- How to create a Google collaboration
If you are unable to access your Office 365 system, please contact the Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org since Office is supported by their department.
Google is not a Cal Poly supported software. You may have to search for support on your own for this tool.