Workshops & Events
If you want a self-pace option to learn everything you need to know about creating courses in Canvas, self-enroll now into the following courses:
- Cal Poly Canvas Orientation
- Launching a Course Online with Canvas
- Creating Accessible Canvas Content
- Creating Accessible Documents
- Creating Accessible Video
Did you know that there are 4 different ways you can place your syllabus into Canvas and that each one has its own advantages? Watch the introductory video that explains the particular advantages of the 4 different methods, and then watch the method that seems best for your personal teaching style.
- Method 1: Copy/paste from Word and fix accessibility issues.
- Method 2: Import accessible Word or PDF and use the Canvas Course Summary .
- Method 3: Customize the downloadable Cal Poly Canvas Syllabus Template .
- Method 4: Set up your syllabus in a table of contents format for easy navigation.
- Getting Started with Canvas
- Using Templates in Canvas
- File Management
- Creating Content in Canvas
- Create a Canvas Page
- Creating Modules in Canvas
- Assessments & Grade Import to Grade Roster
- How to Create a Quiz
- Gradebook | Categories and Weighting (Assignment Index)
- Discussions & Peer Review - Engagement Online
- Communication Methods
- Creating Videos with Screencast-O-Matic (un-edited caption)
- Virtual Teaching in ZOOM (un-edited caption)
- Introduction to Canvas (chat txt) (July chat txt)
- How to Import PolyLearn into Canvas (chat txt) (July chat txt)
- How to Organize Canvas (chat txt) (July chat txt)
- How to Set Up your Gradebook (chat txt)
- How to Create Secure Exams (chat txt)
- Instructure's Canvas Webinar, Sept. 1, 2020 [recording: Session 1 | am chat txt / Session 2 | pm chat txt]
- One-Stop Shop: Tips, Tricks & Gotchas
Appointments available now. Please see the recorded sessions above for additional information.
Canvas - LMS Consultations are available.
More information to come..