Workshops & Events
If you want a self-pace option to learn everything you need to know about creating courses in Canvas, self-enroll now into the following courses:
- Cal Poly Canvas Orientation
- Launching a Course Online with Canvas
- Creating Accessible Canvas Content
- Creating Accessible Documents
- Creating Accessible Video
How can I provide Instructional Continuity?
- Getting Started with Canvas (un-edited captions)
- Using Templates in Canvas
- File Management
- Creating Content in Canvas
- Create a Canvas Page
- Creating Modules in Canvas
- Assessments & Grade Import to Grade Roster
- How to Create a Quiz
- Gradebook | Categories and Weighting (Assignment Index)
- Discussions & Peer Review - Engagement Online
- Communication Methods
- Creating Videos with Screencast-O-Matic (un-edited caption)
- Virtual Teaching in ZOOM (un-edited caption)
- Introduction to Canvas (chat txt) (July chat txt)
- How to Import PolyLearn into Canvas (chat txt) (July chat txt)
- How to Organize Canvas (chat txt) (July chat txt)
- How to Set Up your Gradebook (chat txt)
- How to Create Secure Exams (chat txt)
Appointments available now. Please see the recorded sessions above for additional information.
LMS Consults are also available.
The CTLT is offering a variety of support sessions this summer. We have one to three-week online courses, self-paced online courses, webinars, and consultations available for faculty. IOTL and Accessible Content will provide stipends for completing these sessions. You will need to register for these courses so that you would be enrolled or added to the webinar meeting. Once the webinars are completed, a recording will be made available for you on this page.
- Introduction to Online Teaching & Learning #4: Aug 10 - Aug 29 FULL
June & July recorded sessions are located at the top under Recorded Webinars.
We are looking at two additional webinars by Instructure during the week of Aug. 24-28 and Sept. 1 or 2. Once we have finalized the schedule, more information will be posted here.