Workshops & Events
Recorded Workshops | Consultations | Templates
Self-Paced Online Courses
If you want a self-paced option to learn everything you need to know about creating courses in Canvas, self-enroll now into the following courses:
- Cal Poly Canvas Orientation
- Creating Effective Learning Objectives
- Launching a Course Online with Canvas
- Creating Accessible Canvas Content
- Creating Accessible Documents
- Creating Accessible Video
- Creating Accessible PowerPoint
How can I provide Instructional Continuity?
Access to CTLT workshop list
Where can I find these templates and how do I use them?
- Cal Poly Canvas Template
- Cal Poly Syllabus Template
- Cal Poly Weekly Module Template
- Cal Poly Student Support Services
- Cal Poly Student Survey: Getting to Know You
- Cal Poly - Student Support & Basic Needs: Page
Did you know that there are 4 different ways you can place your syllabus into Canvas and that each one has its own advantages? Watch the introductory video that explains the particular advantages of the 4 different methods, and then watch the method that seems best for your personal teaching style.
- Method 1: Copy/paste from Word and fix accessibility issues.
- Method 2: Import accessible Word or PDF and use the Canvas Course Summary .
- Method 3: Customize the downloadable Cal Poly Canvas Syllabus Template .
- Method 4: Set up your syllabus in a table of contents format for easy navigation.
Fall Conference Webinars
Intro to Canvas
Canvas: Assessments & Gradebook Setup
Recorded: View Video (captions will be fixed shortly)
- Introduction to Canvas (29:29)
- Canvas Steps: Before/During/After Class
- Assessments & Gradebook Setup (52:31)
- Instructure's - Canvas Guides for Faculty
- Student Success
- Classic vs New Quiz
- Instructures Videos: Gradebook | Categories and Weighting (Assignment Index)
- Getting Started with Canvas
- Using Templates in Canvas
- File Management
- Creating Content in Canvas
- Create a Canvas Page
- Creating Modules in Canvas
- Assessments & Grade Import to Grade Roster
- How to Create a Quiz
- Gradebook | Categories and Weighting (Assignment Index)
- Discussions & Peer Review - Engagement Online
- Communication Methods
- Creating Videos with Screencast-O-Matic
- Introduction to Canvas (chat txt) (July chat txt)
- How to Import PolyLearn into Canvas (chat txt) (July chat txt)
- How to Organize Canvas (chat txt) (July chat txt)
- How to Set Up your Gradebook (chat txt)
- How to Create Secure Exams (chat txt)
Appointments are available now. Please see the recorded sessions above for additional information.
Canvas - LMS Consultations are available.