Workshops & Events
If you want a self-pace option to learn everything you need to know about creating courses in Canvas, self-enroll now into the following courses:
- Cal Poly Canvas Orientation
- Launching a Course Online with Canvas
- Creating Accessible Canvas Content
- Creating Accessible Documents
- Creating Accessible Video
How can I provide Instructional Continuity?
Did you know that there are 4 different ways you can place your syllabus into Canvas and that each one has its own advantages? Watch the introductory video that explains the particular advantages of the 4 different methods, and then watch the method that seems best for your personal teaching style.
- Method 1: Copy/paste from Word and fix accessibility issues.
- Method 2: Import accessible Word or PDF and use the Canvas Course Summary .
- Method 3: Customize the downloadable Cal Poly Canvas Syllabus Template .
- Method 4: Set up your syllabus in a table of contents format for easy navigation.
- Getting Started with Canvas
- Using Templates in Canvas
- File Management
- Creating Content in Canvas
- Create a Canvas Page
- Creating Modules in Canvas
- Assessments & Grade Import to Grade Roster
- How to Create a Quiz
- Gradebook | Categories and Weighting (Assignment Index)
- Discussions & Peer Review - Engagement Online
- Communication Methods
- Creating Videos with Screencast-O-Matic (un-edited caption)
- Virtual Teaching in ZOOM (un-edited caption)
- Introduction to Canvas (chat txt) (July chat txt)
- How to Import PolyLearn into Canvas (chat txt) (July chat txt)
- How to Organize Canvas (chat txt) (July chat txt)
- How to Set Up your Gradebook (chat txt)
- How to Create Secure Exams (chat txt)
- Instructure's Canvas Webinar, Sept. 1 [recording comes later] (am chat txt | pm chat txt)
- One-Stop Shop: Tips, Tricks & Gotchas
Appointments available now. Please see the recorded sessions above for additional information.
LMS Consults are also available.
Many of the Instructional Designers are teaching online courses and support faculty using Canvas. Here is the available resources for this quarter.
- Self-paced online courses
- Video tutorials for using the Syllabus tool and Zoom
- Recorded webinars