Canvas offers students the following improvements:
- A mobile app that allows students to access courses, submit assignments, participate in discussions, and view their grades
- A more learner-centered approach
- A clean, intuitive design with less "clicks"
- A current to-do list viewable per single course or for all current courses
- All courses will be saved within the system (courses will not be deleted)
- Course modules designed for better organization of content and assignments
- A synchronized calendar that is aligned with the syllabus and course modules
- The ability to link the Canvas calendar to a calendar app
- Vastly improved content management tools
- The ability to record and add video within the course
- An open platform that allows instructors to use a multitude of third-party apps
- Continuous updates and significant changes to the system can be scheduled between quarters to avoid interruptions
For a quick Canvas overview, view the student video.