NOTE: sent by the vender..."Where instructors wish to continue to use Piazza freely, you can do so with our ad-supported model through August 1, 2021. After August 1, 2021, Piazza’s premium features -- polls, class statistics, and class-locking capabilities -- will no longer be available under the ad-supported model...you can reach out to our team at email@example.com to engage on purchasing a license."
Piazza is a 3rd party plugin to the Cal Poly Canvas system. It is a free Question and Answer platform that can be used for your classes and also connect outside users with your students.
- Wiki style format enables collaboration in a single space
- Features LaTeX editor, highlighted syntax and code blocking
- Questions and posts needing immediate action are highlighted
- Instructors endorse answers to keep the class on track
- Anonymous posting encourages every student to participate
- Highly customizable online polls
What makes Piazza different from other forums?
"There are two key differences: First, the piazza platform is very intuitive to use so it’s easy for TAs and students to start using it right away. Second, I also really like the ‘wiki’ format where everyone contributes to one common answer – this is what really saves time because then you don’t have to read through a giant thread of comments." (https://piazza.com/professors/show/jennifer_schwartz, retrieved 8/3/20)
Piazza is a Q&A tool that is supported by Piazza Technologies. Please see the instructions and support below.